The jQuery library contains the following features:
* HTML element selections
* HTML element manipulation
* CSS manipulation
* HTML event functions
* HTML DOM traversal and modification
The jQuery syntax is tailor made for selecting HTML elements and perform some action on the element(s).
Basic syntax is: $(selector).action()
* A dollar sign to define jQuery
* A (selector) to “query (or find)” HTML elements
* A jQuery action() to be performed on the element(s)
JQuery selectors allow you to select and manipulate HTML elements as a group or as a single element.